- 250 g Black forbidden rice, ground into flour
- 60 g Flaxseed flour
- 40 g Flaxseed, crushed
- 5 g Baking soda
- 5 g Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Walnuts, roughly chopped for topping
- 3 Eggs, large
- 3 Mashed ripe bananas, large
- 180 g Unsweetened applesauce
- 0.5 g Pure stevia extract powder
- 80 g Coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a standard-size loaf pan lined with baking paper. In a large bowl, combine the ground black rice, flaxseed flour, crushed flaxseed, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, mashed bananas, sugar, applesauce, coconut oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and sprinkle with walnuts. Bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. If the top is darkening too quickly, cover it with foil. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.